Lee Mead to appear in Sky Living's 'Bedlam' series two

Discussion in '[Bedlam] Save Kate' started by Vilandra, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Vilandra

Vilandra Alien Princess Administrator

By Morgan Jeffery

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/20/M/showbiz_lee_mead.jpg
    Lee Mead is to play a guest role on Sky Living drama Bedlam.

The paranormal series - created by Neil Jones, David Allison and Chris Parker - will return for a second run later this year.

Mead, who won BBC talent show Any Dream Will Do in 2007, will play a character named Scott in one episode.

"When the role in Bedlam came up I was really excited at the chance to be involved, and star alongside such a great cast in a fresh and original psychological drama," said the West End star.

"It's completely different from anything else I've done before. And while I can't give too much away about my character Scott, I think it's safe to say that the episode I'm in is genuinely scary - I'm really looking forward to seeing it back."

Last year, Mead made his television acting debut in an episode of Casualty.

The second series of Bedlam will feature a revamped regular cast, led by former EastEnders star Lacey Turner.

The Cafe's Jack Roth, Secret Diary of a Call Girl's Gemma Chan and Nikesh Patel will also join original stars Hugo Speer and Charlotte Salt in the new episodes.

Source: digitalspy

Honestly I never really liked Lee on ADWD...but more importantly, does this mean no Theo James this season? How is that possible?
  2. ashleighjane

ashleighjane Afraid of the Dark

I'm not sure what to think about this cast re-vamp. There was things left hanging in the finale that I don't see how they can be resolved with the majority of the cast gone.

I don't think I watched Any Dream Will Do, so I don't really have an opinion on Lee Mead.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lacey in a lead role though :)
  3. Vilandra

I just hope they cut his hair lol! I'm not sure there's a show without Theo though...
  4. Gaelen

Gaelen Administrator Administrator

Woah, why is Theo gone??? Wasn't the whole show based around him (it has been ages and i'm getting old).

Lacey was fab in Being Human, speaking of when there was big casting changes to that I wasn't sure and well that turned out well so you never know.
  5. Vilandra

Well what I've been reading is like Hugo Speer and Charlotte Salt are the ones returning.
  6. ashleighjane

ashleighjane Afraid of the Dark

Hugo Speer kind of reminds me of Bruce Willis.

Such a major casting change seems so weird this early in a series. I wonder if it was intended or if the cast decided to leave. :p
  7. Vilandra

Well I'm sure Theo has moved on to bigger offers :(
  8. Gaelen

Gaelen Administrator Administrator

Looking at IMDB there is nothing major in the pipeline for him (that we know about of course).